Pass Plus & Pass Plus Extra
Statistics show that new drivers are more likely to have an
accident in the first 2 years of driving than anytime in their
driving career. Pass Plus could be a potentially ‘Life
Pass Plus is a minimum of 6 hours practical training,
designed by the DVSA (Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency) to develop the
skills and knowledge of newly qualified drivers and broaden their
- Town or city driving.
- All weather driving.
- Rural roads.
- Night driving.
- Dual carriageways.
- Motorways (essential as not covered in standard driving lessons).
Pass Plus is a voluntary driving course of lessons to help new
drivers. It's much more than a few extra lessons once you
have PASSED your driving Test.
Pass Plus can be taken within the first 12 months of PASSING the
Driving Test and there is NO further test at the end of it.
To receive a Pass Plus certificate all 6 Modules must be
completed, the Pupil must have demonstrated a minimum level that is
assessed to an Achieved Standard.
- Achieved (A) Successfully reached the required standard for each of the Competencies.
- Exceeded (E) Exceeded the required standard for each of the competencies.
The course will help a new driver to:
- Gain Valuable Driving Experience Safely
Pupils will be taught how to deal with
different traffic and road situations which may not have been
- Build on Your Existing Skills and Knowledge
It takes years of practise to become a
skilful driver but Pass Plus helps new drivers to gain vital
knowledge in a shorter period of time not through ‘trial
and error’! possibly saving their lives!
- Reduce the Risk of Being in a Road Accident
A Pass Plus Course will help new drivers
boost visual planning and awareness of hazards on our busy roads;
and learn how to anticipate the actions of other road users by
reading the road ahead and using different, visual scanning
- Boost Your Confidence
A new driver may feel nervous when driving
alone after just PASSING a Driving Test, or may be worried about
driving on a motorway for the first time! Pass Plus training will
help a new driver to become more confident on our busy roads and
For more information about Pass Plus visit www.passplus.org.uk
Approved Instructor for Staffordshire
A Pass Plus Extra subsidised scheme. Save money if you're a new driver in Staffordshire.
Click here for more details.
- Intensive Courses are not for everyone because of the high
level of concentration required.
- Our Intensive courses are tailored to suit you because every
driver is different. Maybe you have work or University
commitments or need to learn to drive in as shorter time as
possible. These courses can be as intensive as you wish.
- Our policy is that you will be taught to drive so that you will
be a safe and confident driver.
- There is no guarantee that a pupil will pass the test at the
end of the course but the instructor will make sure that the
pupil is well prepared to take the test.
- It is also required that the pupil has passed the theory test
before embarking on an intensive course of lessons.
- Your intensive course can run for 1, 2 or 3 weeks or longer
if required to suit your needs.
- You will normally be on your course for between 2 – 5
hours per day depending upon your needs and the type of course
booked. A short break for a rest and refreshments will be taken
every 2 hours as it can be very difficult to concentrate for
- All pupils will require an assessment Lesson of 1½ hours
before undertaking an intensive course. This will be charged at
our normal rate.
- There is no obligation to take the course after your
- Is the vehicle right for you?
- Do you feel relaxed with the Instructor?
If you are considering an intensive course of lessons please
e-mail or call to discuss your requirements.
How a refresher course could help you:
- You may intend to supervise your son/daughter while they are
having professional Driving Lessons and need to know that you are
supervising and supporting your loved ones safely and
- You want to start driving again after a long break.
- You may lack confidence in busy traffic.
- You may not be confident driving on our busy motorways.
- You may have lost confidence after being in an accident.
- You may need to do more driving for a job.
- You may need to improve a particular skill e.g. parallel
- You may have let your driving skills get a little bit rusty
and may have picked up some bad driving habits.
- You just want to become a safer driver!
Treat yourself to a Refresher Course without having to worry
about a test at the end of it just the knowledge that you will
improve your driving skills!
We guarantee that we will not give you lessons which you do not
need, courses are tailored to YOUR NEEDS.